This 18-month programme helps you develop your leadership knowledge and expertise to improve outcomes for teachers and pupils in your school.
Who is it suitable for?
To apply you must be, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities. Participants must be at middle leadership or above currently.
- Assistant Head
- Deputy Headteacher
- Head of Faculty/Department/Subject/Phase or Key Stage
- Head of Year
- Head of ITT
Our delivery partners and their programmes
Our national lead providers, Ambition Institute and Education Development Trust adheres to the National NPQ content framework. Leadership NPQs take around 18 months to complete, and as part of the application process you should select a preferred provider.
When studying for a leadership NPQ programme you will receive the following:
4 blocks of input over 18 months, based around the themes of:
- Leading improvement
- 5 x half day face-to-face (or online if needed) core training sessions facilitated by experienced school leaders
- 5 live, 2 hour facilitated twilight webinars to cement and consolidate learning with your group
- A series of reading & video-based activities (self-study, online) for each of the 4 blocks – you can complete these at a time to suit you
- Diagnostic assessment activity for each block (self-study, online) – you can complete these at a time to suit you
- Support for final assessment.
- Two full day conferences – one launch day and one part way through the programme – face to face or online
- 8 x online self-study ‘courses’ – one every six weeks
- Peer support from a buddy pair or in a trio
- Little and often approach, with self-study each week at a time which suits you
- 7 x after school ‘clinics’ over the 18 months
- 6 optional ‘community’ twilight sessions – problem solving with peers
- Support for final assessment – no school improvement task.